Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Delicious Bass

The past few days I've been enjoying some music recreation time. I'm trying very diligently to stretch my bass guitar skills and learn a few new lines and techniques.

So in the past few days I've picked apart and learned two new bass lines from one of my favorite bands, Cake. The bass lines in "You Turn the Screws" and "Hem of You Garment" always intrigued me. They sound very complicated and intricate. They really aren't toooo tough. Its just coaxing the old, out of practice fingers to move that fast again. I've got "You Turn the Screws" about 90% down. There is one bridge that alters the chord progression a bit that I'm having diificulty picking up, but once I find where it jumps to I'm golden on that.

"Hem of Your Garment" is a bit more challenging and is only at about 60% right now. I just need to practice more to get the fingers limber and moving up to speed.

I've also been listen to heavy amounts of Victor Wooten and P-Funk and fat bass lines laid down there. I've decided I need to get some effects to get some more punch.

Bass = Good
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?