Sunday, December 04, 2005

The guiltiest of pleasures...The D!




Over the past five years or so I've found that, though vile and obscene, the band Tenacious D is extremely entertaining. Even downright funny.

The D is comprised of (lead singer and rhythm guitarist) Jack Black and (lead guitarist and backing vocals) Kyle Gass. Black you may know from his movie career, unless you've been in a cave and not seen a movie in the past ten years. Gass has had some bit parts in films, but is mostly known for his phenomenal guitar playing. Both are unconscionably funny.

If you are easily offended, or even difficultly offended I would not suggest listening to their current self-titled album straight through. There are however a few gems that even the faint of heart can enjoy. The only song I've found on the album without overly explicit lyrics is "Wonderboy", followed by an only slighty (one word I think) offensive "Tribute".

The two are known for publicity stunts such as doing press conferences in full super hero outfits or ranting at the press gathered.

So to wrap this up I'll leave you with some words from The D...
"So I know what you're thinking. You're thinking I just figured out what I'm going to do with the rest of my days. Get an oversized guitar, gain 40 pounds, and be the next D! Well I got sour news for you Jack! It ain't that easy. For instance... Are you will to wake up at the crack of noon for deep-knee rock squats?!?! 7 or 8 at a time. In a row...are you willing to rock hard, tasty abs washboard style, glistening in the sun?"
Comments:
Long live "The D."

Long live me. Im sorry, I poisoned your wine.

I poisoned yours, as well.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?